Software Architect, September 2015 - Present
- Played a leadership role in migrating infrastructure to Amazon Web Services. Worked closely with the IT team to implement DevOps using Puppet for infrastructure provisioning and Atlassian Bamboo for automated builds and deployment.
- Implemented the ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) for centralized infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, and visualization.
- Designed and led the implementation of an event-driven microservices based architecture to facilitate a move away from a legacy monolithic application using ASP.NET Core, Docker Swarm, and Redis.
Senior Software Developer, March 2012 - August 2015
- Web application development in the healthcare/insurance sector using server side development tools including ASP.NET MVC 3 & 4, C#, and Entity Framework. Single page web application development with MVC 4, Knockout.js, Require.js, and jQuery.
- Agile/Scrum process using Team Foundation Server for source control and task tracking.
Senior .NET Developer, July 2009 - March 2012
- Application development using C#.NET, Microsoft Silverlight, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and Microsoft WCF services.
- Database development with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Conversion of legacy Microsoft Access and Excel Visual Basic applications to SQL Server and C#.NET
- Portland State University - Master of Software Engineering, 2013
- Portland State University - BA in Economics, 2004